Hello, and Welcome to the Principles of Online Marketing.
Online Marketing also known as Internet Marketing, Internet advertising or Web advertising is a giant world and only getting bigger.
My goal here is to break it down into six parts,
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate Marketing is where merchants like Amazon, Ali Baba, etc. will recruits webmasters (YOU) to place the merchant’s banner, ads or buttons on your own website when visitors click on a banner, ads or buttons and make a purchase, you receive a commission.
- Pay Per Click: PPC (Pay Per Click) is an Internet marketing tactic where advertisers will pay webmasters (YOU) a previously agreed upon PPC rate when an ad is clicked on, regardless if a sale is made or not.
- Blogging: Blogging is where blogs are created with the intent of making money. Income can be made using a variety of methods, such as advertising on your blog, affiliate links, offering a service or product as well as promoting a business.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is where social media is used to advertise and market your products and services via social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google +and Digg.
- Email Marketing: Email Marketing involves using emails as an advertising and promotional marketing tool to current and prospective customers or clients.
- Video and Interactive Marketing: Video and Interactive Marketing is where the marketing method will change to adapt to the actions of customers.
I decided to go that route because I wanted it to be clear, concise yet easily accessible and could be used as a reference tool. Ok, here we go…
The goals of Online Marketing are simple, SALES, SALES, SALES. Ultimately the method you use can vary but it remains vital that you get sales online, without it, you have no business.
Marketing or Advertising is nothing new, we have been looking at it since our young days whether being on television, radio, newspaper, billboards and magazines so the concept has been around for a long time and with the World Wide Web, we now have a different platform.
It is important to understand that the world of online marketing is ever-changing, here are a few interesting statistics for you:
- More than 90% of potential customers are influenced by some type of social media because they will trust a peer recommendation but only 14% will actually trust advertising. (Source: Ironpaper)
- LinkedIn is considered effective by 62% of B2B marketers. Only one that has a majority. (Source: Ironpaper)
- Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn account for 60% of all social media traffic. (Source: Ironpaper)
- The most highly engaged website traffic (Nearly 4 minutes) comes from YouTube. YouTube reaches more users 18-24 than any cable network (Source: Ironpaper)
- Here is a great one: If a post on Facebook is less than 250 characters, it gets 60% more engagement. (Source: Ironpaper)
- 5 months after allowing advertisers on its site, Instagram has over 200,000 advertisers. (Adweek)
- Affiliate Marketing is considered the most desirable of all digital skills by 40% of marketing professionals. (Source: Smartinsights)
- Blogging when prioritised correctly are 13 times more likely to enjoy a positive return on investments or ROI (Source: SocialMedia)
- Links that have been placed at the halfway point of tweets have a better click through rate than links placed elsewhere. (Source: SocialMedia)
- Pay Per Click or PPC visitors are 50% more likely to purchase than organic or unique visitors. (Source: Unbounce)
- Personalised emails are 26% more likely to be opened and have a six times higher transaction rate. (Source: Experian)
These a just a few examples but as you can see, Online Marketing is huge and if done right, you too can enjoy a piece of the pie.
Please read each part, focus on the one(s) that appeals most to you and start with that one, don’t restrict yourself to only one option.
Please take the time to read my Wealthy Affiliate Review by clicking HERE. It is without a doubt, the starting point for all.
Do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com if you have a question or inquiry.
Additionally, you could leave a comment below.
Feel free to drop me a comment below if you are unsure of anything or you have a question or you can contact me via my Profile Page at Wealthy Affiliate.